Sunday, October 1, 2017

[Washington][Seattle] Our landlord replaced our fridge with something that isn't an equivalent. legaladvice

I am living in a townhouse with two friends in Seattle. Our lease mentioned that a refrigerator is included with the place, and the original ad showed a photo of the refrigerator. After we moved in to the new place, we reported that it seemed like the freezer side of the refrigerator was leaking and damaging the floor. Our landlord arranged for a replacement, and we now have a refrigerator that is significantly smaller and looks to be 30+ years old (and I'm sure it will drive our power bill up as well).

Is there any sort of protection against this in Seattle? I did not sign a lease for a house with this fridge. I don't think it is an acceptable replacement, and I don't think it's acceptable for us to continue to pay $2700/month for this house when it just got downgraded. I want the fridge to be replaced, and if that can't happen, I want my rent reduced.

We've had the place for two months, and it has been a headache since day 1. I called my property manager and said that this isn't okay, but she said that this was the owner's decision and not hers, but she would relay what I said. Is there anything I can do?

Before:Picture from the advertisement

After: "New" fridge



Submitted October 02, 2017 at 04:45AM by acctnummerthree http://ift.tt/2yi9AYy legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment