Wednesday, October 25, 2017

TIFU by trying to clean the refrigerator of my rented house but accidentally ruined the fridge tifu

So here’s the story, I live in a rented double-storey house with 9 other people who are all male and have little to zero sense of cleanliness. So today i thought it would be nice to clean the fridge because its rarely been used (We eat out all the time and dont really cook) and it has accumulated a nearly iceberg sized block of ice nearly engulfing the whole freezer compartment. So as i picked up the ice pick (which I stupidly ignore the sign on the fridge saying dont use metal equipment on it) and started to chip away on the ice, my hand slipped and the ice pick punctured the cooling coil of the freezing compartment letting out its coolant i guess? I tried to stop it but the gas was too cold for me to do anything to it. Now the fridge has stopped working and i have been blamed for the damages on the fridge and the home owner has demanded compensation for the broken fridge. So much for trying to be the good guy.

tl;dr : Tried to clean the the fridge at my rented place, ended up puncturing the fridge and broke it. Now have to fork out own money to pay for it



Submitted October 25, 2017 at 09:59PM by aidilznl http://ift.tt/2lhLxDC tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment