Monday, October 30, 2017

Fridge warm/no cold air, freezer cold with food still frozen appliancerepair

Appliance info: Amana fridge model BR18V1C

I thought the other day our fridge seemed a little warmer than normal but bottles and stuff felt cold. We came home tonight and when I opened the fridge it smelled like sour milk and the milk jug was not really cold at all. I put my hand up to the air door/chamber thing and never feel any air.

I checked the freezer and stuff is good down there but upon inspecting the freezer back wall/panel i noticed a decent amount of frost. I took the screws out for the freezer back panel wall and removed it to find this: http://ift.tt/2zRoGBk

The fan is spinning without issue but I'm guessing because it's so iced over that there isn't enough air or something to go up the air door/chamber to the fridge? I'm guessing this means it is something with the defrost system?

I found the defrost timer in the lower front of the unit and I manually advanced it to the point where it started the defrost system (compressor and fans and stuff turn off) however I'm not sure how quickly ice would melt if it was working. I pulled the freezer back wall panel off after about 20 minutes and it doesn't appear to be melting anything although I don't know where the heater is so I don't know where to look but again i don't think anything melted.

I did find this: http://ift.tt/2hnvXlg

And it appears there are only 3 replaceable components to the defrost system. Should I just take all the food out of the freezer and unplug the fridge and just let it thaw out completely and then try and diagnose the defrost components? The defrost timer is working because I went and checked on the fridge and it was back running again.



Submitted October 30, 2017 at 12:04PM by mercury187 http://ift.tt/2zRoH8m appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment