Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Renting house. Fridge has lost it’s cooling capabilities. Contacted maintenance, no timeframe on when they can be here. Who is liable for the defrosted/spoiled food? legaladvice

I am in the military, renting a house from military housing in Connecticut. Our refrigerator showed signs last night that it has lost its ability to cool, so my wife contacted maintenance personnel this morning. She was told, “We will call you when someone is available and give you a time frame.”

It is now afternoon, and the freezer has defrosted. The items in the refrigerated portion are warming and will spoil soon.

Who is responsible for the ruined food?

I’m on a tight budget to try and repay school loans, and this would be an expensive loss. We do have renter’s insurance, and I believe this is the right answer, but I’m not sure. Thank you for your help!



Submitted October 25, 2017 at 11:06PM by PlutoniumDH http://ift.tt/2iyuXy6 legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment