Tuesday, October 31, 2017

[Experience] Things keep falling off desk and end table in my Chicago apartment. Paranormal

I've been lurking here for years in r/paranormal. My wife recently left me and I've been going through a very stressful time in a brand new city by myself.

It's a small studio apartment in the Lakeview neighborhood. I have no idea about the history of the building or the specific apartment. I haven't felt anything in terms of a presence or a feeling of being watched.

I noticed that when I've had a stressful day and I'm in a bad mood is when things happen. I had a hard day at work the other night, and a stressful conversation with my wife before I went to bed. She had been threatening to kill herself, and was spiraling, causing me extreme stress and anxiety.

I fell asleep around 1 AM, and woke up a couple hours later to shuffling noises in the kitchen. Like somebody pacing back and forth. A half full beer can then fell off the counter, startling me. I went and investigated, looking for signs of a mouse. There was nothing. I moved the refrigerator, and it's a tiny kitchen, so I feel like I would be able to hear or see something. No rat poop, nothing. I dismissed it and chalked it up to a very sneaky rat.

The next day, I got off work and took a shower. While I was in the bathroom, my wife called and texted constantly, thinking something was wrong apparently. I heard the phone ringing from the shower on the third or fourth call, and got out of the shower. As soon as I stepped out, I heard a loud plastic crashing noise like someone had slammed their phone on the ground and then kicked it. I went out to look, and my phone was still sitting on the charger. I've never heard any racket from other apartments in my building. The walls are solid and thick, and the sound clearly came from my apartment. It was very loud and clear.

Things like this have been happening when I'm stressed or worried. I just hear random things fall off the desk or end tables and find nothing. My apartment is clean and nothing sits close enough to the edges of my surfaces to fall on their own. When these things happen, I get an eerie feeling, like a person did it. I get scared in a bone-chilling way.

Feel free to leave suggestions or theories. Just thought I'd leave this here because I don't know who else to tell.



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 02:46PM by phuck_yeah_brah http://ift.tt/2zTQ5Cu Paranormal

No comments:

Post a Comment