Monday, October 23, 2017

Over fridge cabinets 1 inch too low... DIY

My mother's fridge just went tits up and I have dumped a good deal more than it is worth into repairs.

This is a newish fridge, but just out of warranty. It was bought because it was the only one on the market that would fit her existing cabinets. It will take a major effort of will to convince her to move the cabinets, and then only because I have literally driven around town to every department store with tape measure in hand and measured every refrigerator that fits her demands. It's nuts but she is who she is.

I am not putting any more money into a machine with such poor performance. Time to buy a new one. The problem is that my kitchen over the fridge cabinets are 68 inches high, and I cannot find a decent fridge that isn't 69 inches high. I have done a huge amount of footwork here, and there is no getting around the fact that there are not good 68-inch fridges out there anymore. The industry for some reason has decided to make them an inch taller.

So. How do I raise the damned cabinets? This is not a case of "buy and install new cabinets. I need to work with existing materials. Nor is it a case of "fix the fridge again." I have literally put about 2500 dollars into this piece of shit. Word of advice: don't buy kitchen aid refrigerators. Very poor quality.



Submitted October 23, 2017 at 10:01PM by DragonflyRider http://ift.tt/2yHfHmz DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment