Monday, October 30, 2017

How do I get more yeastiness? Breadit

I like making white bread every once in awhile, but sometimes my loaves come out very bland. Yes, I know it's white bread, but I do sometimes get a rich, yeasty flavor that I enjoy most. How can I get this more consistently? Here's what I typically do:

3 packets of active dry yeast, allow to bloom for 15 minutes before adding to 6 cups of flour, 2 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup milk, dash of salt and sugar. Knead for 5-8 minutes, let sit for an hour. Punch down, cut into loaves and sit another hour. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Should I start letting my dough sit in the refrigerator overnight to develop more flavor?



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 04:44AM by CircusEnvy8 http://ift.tt/2A2O487 Breadit

No comments:

Post a Comment