Friday, October 27, 2017

What's wrong with my in-fridge ice maker? appliancerepair

Refrigerator model: Frigidaire FRT21IL6JM5

Problem: My ice maker appears to be overflowing when it fills with water somehow. After it fills itself, I can see water dripping out of the side of it that is closest to the freezer door. This is of course slowly melting the ice that is already in the bin, resulting in one giant ice block.

What I've tried: Removed the ice maker and made sure there wasn't mineral deposits or other buildup. It's clean as a whistle. I have also made sure the fridge is level (with an actual bubble leveler), as is the ice maker.

It looks like I can pick up a new ice maker for $35 from Amazon. Is this worth it, or is there something else that could be wrong? I am willing to pay $35 just to be done with the problem if there's a chance it could fix it.

Thanks for the help!



Submitted October 27, 2017 at 07:51PM by No_Velociraptors_Plz http://ift.tt/2zUuo6c appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment