Friday, October 27, 2017

Winterizing trailer - Keeping critters out of access panels GoRVing

Last weekend I went through the fun of winterizing our trailer. I think I've got all the usual stuff covered but I'm considering taking it a step further.
We bought it used this summer and it had been reasonably well taken care of by the previous owners and stored at an outdoor facility. Before our first trip I went through and pulled off the various access panels on the outside. I vacuumed out a pretty significant pile of acorn shells and shredded debris inside the panel behind the refrigerator. Something had made a decent home for itself in there.

I was thinking of getting a roll of plastic sheeting like painters use and basically wrapping it around the panel before locking it in place. That would completely seal the louvered area from insects and critters so hopefully next year I won't find a yellow jacket nest or squirrel home in there. I was going to do the same for the panels at the furnace and the water heater. Is it at all common to completely seal these panels for winter storage? Any other tips for keeping critters out of there?



Submitted October 27, 2017 at 09:13PM by plastrd1 http://ift.tt/2gHz0UH GoRVing

No comments:

Post a Comment