Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Roommate hung up pictures of Jesus christ on our refrigerator. How would you deal with this situation? atheism

So today I walked into my kitchen and noticed there are two flashy but small (business card sized) pictures of Jesus on our fridge. I have several roommates so I don't know who hung them up. But my first reaction was to feel annoyed and to think that it is kind of presumptuous to assume that everyone in the house would want to see religious imagery every day.

My SO and I were both raised religious and we have bad experiences with it being shoved down our throats so neither of us really want to look at that every day. I personally find most religious imagery kind of creepy. I also think I will be embarrassed to have it up when friends come over.

I am debating if I should ask them to put it in their room or if I should just hang up some atheist stuff on the fridge next to it and not say anything. What would you do?



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 01:06PM by baller_unicorn http://ift.tt/2ig9OVV atheism

No comments:

Post a Comment