Tuesday, October 31, 2017

ADHD and roommates... ADHD

Soo my roommates are pretty much the antithesis of ADHD. Calm, organized, go to bed early, incredibly resistant to impulsive behavior such as drugs and alcohol/spending money, and always on time to everything. Last night I accidentally left the refrigerator open all night and my roommate got really pissed at me. Although I've been keeping things under control and trying to use mindfulness to be cognizant of my surroundings, I can still make a mess sometimes. I want to explain to my roommates that my ADHD sometimes makes me prone to making these kinds of mistakes, but I don't want to to sound like a cop out. I feel as though they look at me as kind of a disrespectful individual even though in reality I'm trying harder than I ever have to not make these kinds of mistakes. They've clearly never lived with anybody with even mild ADHD, whereas I had previously lived with close friends who understood and accepted me. Any advice from someone with a similar experience?



Submitted October 31, 2017 at 11:38PM by Tomwap95 http://ift.tt/2yhMt0Z ADHD

No comments:

Post a Comment