Monday, January 2, 2017

How to cope with your wife's lack of support stopdrinking

My last drink was 12 days ago. I gradually reduced the high volume of strong alcohol I've been drinking each night for years, then I went cold turkey at home, with the expected strong withdrawal effects.

My wife supports me and not. She fills in the refrigerator with food, when I cannot go out because of the high anxiety, and we frequently have a good time as well. We love each other, but she is a ying and yang. She was also the major cause why I became depressed and alcoholic in the past years, with all the back and forth we had in our couple and family.

The problem is she lacks the empathy and frequently mocks me when my body hurts during these days, when my heart pumps up like crazy and I'm afraid of strokes. She is sometimes a bully and wants everything over quickly. She wanted me to go cold turkey long ago, before I told her people may die because of this sometimes. She has her moments of errupting for hours with negative talk and putting me down. I could continue on and on, the point is I risk to get so depressed again and relapse just because she cannot be patient with me 1-2 critical weeks, until I get better.

How did you cope with your spouse support, guys? And no, I have nowhere to go or hide myself. And I considered family counseling for a long time, but she puts too many obstacle to hope anything constructive. I try now to stay in a different room, but it gets also depressing. I'm truly worried and I do not want to relapse, after so many successful days of staying away from the glass of wisky, from what was still creating to me the illusion of a moment of joy...



Submitted January 02, 2017 at 12:15PM by cristiscu http://ift.tt/2iA3ElC stopdrinking

No comments:

Post a Comment