Saturday, January 28, 2017

Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator Evaporator Coil Partial Ice Over - Poor Cooling Performance appliancerepair

After routine maintenance, I removed the evap coil cover and saw this: http://ift.tt/2jIDZoe

Initial research points this out to be an internal system failure. The freezer is only getting to about 20-21F, ice cream is soft, ice isn't very hard. A couple weeks ago when this started, I troubleshot it and removed lots of pet hair from the condenser coil, that didn't help. All fans, etc. are working.

Two weeks ago when the ice cream got soft, I removed the panels and vacuumed up tons of pet hair thinking maybe the condenser coil was blocked. Despite removing all that stuff, two weeks later and the ice cream hasn't gotten any better. I didn't do a full defrost, but after two weeks you'd figure it'd sort itself out.

I have a home warranty, but I have a 26 Cubic Foot fridge and the contract says "under 26 cubic foot", FML, given how those guys will get out of everything, I'm guessing it's not worth even using them.

Fridge is 6 years old and everything else works, just the cooling performance. From what an appliance guy told me, the partial freeze over is not good and repair is likely not worth it.



Submitted January 29, 2017 at 01:51AM by -DB-Cooper http://ift.tt/2jBKA5Y appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment