Thursday, January 26, 2017

Sprinter or Eurovan Camper vandwellers

I was in the process on swapping a Jetta engine into a mid 80's Vanagon Westfalia full camper. It seemed perfect for my needs, but health requires an automatic transmission and power steering now. I've been looking at the newer version of what I currently have. The Eurovan Westfalia full camper. But looking at some Sprinter van conversions has me rethinking. Until I decide to sell the Vanagon I currently have about $20k cash to spend. I can do the conversions myself.

Our needs: Automatic, power steering, seating and sleeping for 2, small table, refrigerator, sink and burner

I'm 6'5" and standing room would be nice. Thats why I liked the VW pop tops. What is the standing room like in the converted Sprinters? I know the 170" wheelbase would be too long for me. How are the other sizes to drive around? I still need to be able to drive it around and park in a city. Ill be in OR/WA/ID if that helps.

Other than size, what other benefits would there be to the Sprinter compared to the Westfalia. I know the Sprinter would get slightly better MPG and I hope the transmissions in the Sprinter isn't as much of an issue as the Eurovan.



Submitted January 27, 2017 at 04:06AM by Sleazy_Wolf http://ift.tt/2jCKYPc vandwellers

No comments:

Post a Comment