Monday, January 30, 2017

You know that book you've been reading for months? Have fun not knowing how it ends. pettyrevenge

I decided to help this girl out and let her move in with me when she was going through some family shit. I was just moving into my two bedroom apartment and thought a couple extra hundo every month would help me out with furnishing the place until she was ready to figure stuff out on her own. I had only known her a couple of months, but she managed to fool me on the quality of her soul.

Anyway, she arranged for her family to bring over their two pick-up trucks and help us move all of our stuff into my apartment so I could avoid the big move-in costs. It was a thanks for me allowing her to crash at my place with her own bedroom for less than 1/4 the price of rent.

So morning of move-in comes and I had passed out on my ginormous LoveSac in the living room. Woke up to her tapping me on the forehead.

"saaucii.... saaucii... are you up?" I just opened my eyes and stared at her, like, well, now I am fool. "I've been going over things... and I can't move in with you today... and my family isn't bringing the trucks of course, lol"

I just blinked at her a couple of times and stated "I need you to get away from me before I punch you in the face." Not the best way I've ever been woken up.

Anyway she bailed- and fast- while I got up and started raging around the house while ordering a uHaul. I didn't see her much around the house while the boys helped me load the truck, but when I did she skittered like a cockroach from every room I entered and flinched like an abused dog when she felt me stare at her.

Never had anyone be afraid of me before, and for once, it was pretty nice and felt well deserved.

Anyway, we're both the typical nerds- maybe a little over-obsessed with reading and video games and such. I came across the book she had been engrossed in the past month while I was throwing the last of my stuff into the truck. I held it in my hands for a while, deciding.

Then I tore out the last page of dialogue and stuffed it in my pocket.

That book page held a place of honor on the front of my refrigerator in my new apartment the whole year I lived there. Served as a solid reminder that I was a nerd badass and a good reminder to rely on no one but myself.

edit:: forgot to mention she did this to me the day of move-in, so added that lovely piece in there.



Submitted January 30, 2017 at 10:17PM by saaucii http://ift.tt/2jngLYs pettyrevenge

No comments:

Post a Comment