Tuesday, January 24, 2017

My SIL(28) is coming in between me(24) and my husband (30) Her dad (56) has no intention of stopping her childish ways. I'm tired of dealing with her childish shit and I am strongly considering divorce. Desperately in need of help. relationships

Hi, me and my husband have been married for almost 2 years now and we just recently moved into a house that used to belong to my grandmother but now belongs to us. 1 year ago an agreement was made with my husband's father that my FIL and SIL would move into the house that me and my husband inherited and fix it up so when my husband got out of the army we would move into it and then they would go find their own place to live.

Here's the issue, My SIL looks like she's 12 but she's actually 28, and has mental problems. Well her dad feels like buying her alcohol will help her with her severe anxiety(she has the mindset of a teenager) though the problem is when she starts drinking she turns into a drunk burden. She has no limit when she drinks, she will drink until there is no more alcohol left. I've cleaned up so many broken wine bottles and picked glass out of feet so many times after she "cleaned" it up that I expect broken bottles everytime she drinks. She has drank my alcohol so many times without my knowledge that I had to get my own refrigerator and put it in our bedroom just to keep her from drinking it because telling her a million times not to drink our alcohol didn't work. When me and my husband moved in 2 months ago, I went into her room and the room was a complete disaster.

She split something on the wall that won't come out so now we have to either paint over it and hope the paint covers it up or replace that part of the wall. There was trash everywhere, like used cough syrup cups that were stuck to the carpet, and the amount of over the counter pills that was on the floor was unbelievable. Feminine pads under the bed and toothpaste in the closet.

To say that I was mad was an understatement and walking into the bathroom was even worse...nothing had been cleaned since before they moved in which was a year and a half ago. The furniture that I left in the room for her to use was missing knobs and screws, some of the pieces have been found, some of them are gone for good. This wasn't any furniture from Walmart my grandparents paid around 5k for this furniture. And she spilt something on the top of the dresser that is not going to come out so it will have to be sanded down and redone. I guess that was my fault for thinking that she could be adult enough to take care of things.

My breaking point was a few nights ago when she split wine on the carpet in the only room in the house that has white carpet and I wouldn't have been nearly upset if she had bothered to clean it up but she didn't even make an effort to do that. She cries everytime someone tries to talk to her about the way she acts and she gets bitchy when things don't go her way. I've tried countless times to talk to my husband about her behavior and how we shouldn't have to take care of her because she's had plenty of time to try and do something with her life but she chose to stay at home and drink and smoke 2 packs of cigarettes in 3 days. That if she wants to be treated like an adult then she needs to act like an adult. Her dad keeps saying that he is looking for a place to move to but after years of dealing with her behavior and hearing empty promises that "I won't let her do it again" I just don't believe a word they say. My husband is taking up for his sister and I feel more alone than ever. I'm so close to giving up on my husband that I have taken a few days of staying with my parents to think things through but I really need someone else input from an outside standpoint . Please help.

TL;DR My alcoholic sister with the mindset of a teenager but is actually a grown adult is causing issues for me and my husband he's trying to defend her actions and I'm tired of cleaning up after her and not having a husband that supports me.



Submitted January 25, 2017 at 01:47AM by throwaway659984 http://ift.tt/2jZRinA relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment