Sunday, January 29, 2017

Day 1 Post: I've reached my limit. loseit

Hey all,

I'm hoping you don't mind the day 1 post. I know it's encouraged to post in the weekly thread, but I couldn't find it haha.

I am 21 years old, 6' 2", and I would estimate myself to be 200lbs. I know I'm not extremely overweight, but I hope I'm in good company here.

My family has always been overweight, ranging from a little hefty to extremely overweight. For as long as I can remember (which, let's be honest.. I'm only 21 so not that long! Maybe at 13-15 years old) I've had a rule I promised to hold myself by... if there was ever a day that I couldn't look straight down - chin touching chest - and see my private parts, I would stop my terrible eating habits and start losing weight.

Well, that day came last week as I was standing in the shower. So, I'm here, and I'm ready to lose some weight.

Fortunately for myself, I recognize my biggest problem is my beer intake. I've developed a nasty habit of drinking 3-6 beers a night with co-workers and I realize that is probably the biggest reason I've started gaining weight so rapidly.

Unfortunately for myself, I don't think it's going to be an easy road. I'm almost entirely sedentary (9-5 desk job), and eat out for almost every meal.

I've developed somewhat of a plan, and have reached out to people I think can help. The first being a new catering place in my neighborhood that specializes in easy, and healthy, meals for working professionals. It's not cheap by any means, but I'm hoping having 3-4 healthy meals ready and sitting in my refrigerator each week will help break my reliance on fast food.

The second I've been working on for a couple weeks and has actually been an easy transition. That's cutting out sodas for Tejava ice tea instead. A couple drops of stevia for sweetness and I'm just as happy.

The third is my standing beer date every weeknight which will be the hardest. It will require the most will power to cut back on.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my admittedly boring story. I'll set up my flair tomorrow morning and get to work. We're all in it together!



Submitted January 30, 2017 at 12:07PM by turn-down-for-what http://ift.tt/2jtXaRr loseit

No comments:

Post a Comment