Monday, January 30, 2017

Branching a 20A circuit between a refrigerator (GFCI) and a gas stove. Code? Issues? HomeImprovement

I'm finding conflicting info about this, so I wanted to check with yous guys: I have a 20A circuit that currently goes to a GFCI outlet where the fridge used to be. We're remodeling the kitchen, and I'm moving the fridge to the other side of the room. I'd like to branch off that receptacle box to another nearby dedicated outlet for the gas stove.

These guys say it's cool (since it's a 20A circuit).

These guys say it isn't (refrigerators and stoves need dedicated circuits).

And finally, regardless of code - does this make sense? The gas range shouldn't draw very much current. Are there any issues with the ignition spark and the GFCI receptacle? Should I wire the stove downstream from the GFCI or visa versa?

Cool, thanks in advance.



Submitted January 31, 2017 at 09:24AM by PhilaJunto http://ift.tt/2joN9Kh HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment