Thursday, January 26, 2017

My [23F] Mom [46F] abandoned my sister [14F] at a restaurant last Friday and she hasn't been seen since. relationships

It's been a week since she left. My mother recently broke up with my stepfather for another man, and has been contemplating moving to Northern California (we currently live in SoCal) and taking my sister with her to "find a job" but in reality to be with him. Currently i'm in my last semester at college, so unfortunately I wasn't aware of what was going on. Simply, my unemployed mother picked up my sister from school, took her to a restaurant, told her she was going to "work" in NorCal, and left her there, making her take an Uber to our grandmothers house with only her backpack and a couple of clothes. Mind you, earlier last week, she stripped her and my stepdad's house clean, removing all furniture, appliances (even the range and refrigerator) and our stuff and putting it into storage (no-one knows the location of the storage). My stepdad came home to a barren house.

I'm away at school in a Central California and it's currently my last semester, but i'm very worried about my little sister being 400+ miles away. We have family that she can stay with, but none of them live in the area she does. So currently she's living at our grandmother's [90F] home, but she can't even support herself. How is she supposed to take care of a 14 year old girl?

So granted, when I found out about this I called my mother repeatedly. I texted her for days. My aunt, cousins, friends, and even distant family members have been trying to contact her and she hasn't responded to anyone. She only told my sister that information and for her to take Ubers to school (which is absolutely ridiculous because the private school she attends is very far away from the home we used to live in).

Recently, my mother finally contacted me telling me that i'm disrespectful for making my sister stay at our cousin's house instead of by herself, and how I needed to stay out of the business. So obviously I responded negatively, explaining that she has no right to tell me that when she made a crying 14 year old take an Uber by herself to a house she doesn't even have a key for.

My mother told me she only "birthed" me and my sister and she doesn't "live" for us. And she also planned on not attending my graduation in May because I invited my biological father and my stepfather.

I guess the point of this post is, i'm not really sure what to do. My sister doesn't want to move (and honestly she goes to a very prestigious school so I don't want to take that opportunity away from her) but our mother isn't coming back. She made it blatantly clear.

Should I put off graduation to make sure she's okay? I'm just worried because she doesn't even have a debit card, so there's alot of things I feel like I need to go home and help her figure out. She's been taking Ubers to school despite my opinion on how unsafe and expensive they are, but "mother" says that's what she needs to do.

Note: Worst part is is that our father still doesn't know. My sister promised me to wait until the end of the week because she's afraid that when he finds out he will make her move back to Nevada where he lives and she doesn't want to move again. But we will eventually tell him.


tldr; My mother abandoned my 14 year old sister and no one can properly take care of her. It's my last semester in college; should I withdraw and handle things at home? Not sure of what to do.



Submitted January 27, 2017 at 10:06AM by dani_miso http://ift.tt/2jvhGES relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment