Sunday, April 17, 2016

Previous owners built a bizarrely small space for a refrigerator, need advice opening it up... HomeImprovement

So I've had my house for a few months now, and not too long ago, the refrigerator started making death rattles. It's still kicking for the moment, but we think it's about to go - and that's fine! We knew it was old, and crappy to begin with, so we put money aside. Here's the issue: The previous owner (who was a foreclosure, in part, due to all the half-assed home improvement she did) put in a granite tile countertop, and left 28'' for a refigerator! WHY!?! If that had been the only option, so be it, but there's a ton of wasted space! (Four pic album link)If I cut off that countertop edge, where we have a crappy cart because it's the only thing that will fit, there's room for a 34'' fridge with 1.5'' to spare!

So my question is about technique - remember, this is granite tile, not granite, so I'm more concerned with shattering than I am of being underpowered. I have a masonry cut off wheel that I got with an angle grinder (that up until now has basically been a power sander). Is this appropriate? How many passes should I make to ensure a clean cut? Or should I get some sort of circular saw blade instead? Thanks!



Submitted April 18, 2016 at 08:10AM by Ranilen http://ift.tt/1WA2oeA HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment