Thursday, April 28, 2016

New Refrigerator Is Too Wide! DIY

Hi everyone. We just received our new refrigerator which I ordered online. I measured the space and it was 36" width, so I ordered a 35.75" refrigerator.

Now it has arrived, and we are struggling to fit it in the space. I can see now that the width of the space is not uniform - it's 36" at the top but more like 35.75" in the middle.

I know - I should have taken several measurements! However it's a brand new home so I mistakenly assumed that the cupboards were installed straight. My mistake.

It looks like we might be able to fit the fridge in there with a good push. However, then we might not be able to get it out again. Also, do we need to worry about ventilation (there is 2" space at the top of the fridge so I don't think ventilation should be a concern).

So, what would you do if faced by this problem? 1. Push the fridge in and hopefully make it fit. 2. Order another fridge. The next size down seems to be 33.75", so that would leave an inch gap on each side. 3. Try to sand down the cabinets so that the fridge will fit more easily. 4. Any other suggestions?



Submitted April 29, 2016 at 02:01AM by jw801 http://ift.tt/247diOI DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment