Monday, April 25, 2016

Seeking 2-3 housemates AustinClassifieds

Seeking 2-3 housemates. Please read whole post before messaging. I have a 4x2 2500 square foot house and I’m looking for housemates. There are three open rooms but if I found two people who would be willing to have rent be split that way rather than with another, I’m more than happy to live with less people. House is in 78722, right next to Patterson park and close to the Mueller development. Very close to both the Red River HEB and the Mueller HEB. Great location IMO, easy to head south or north or east out of town. Small fenced yard. Dog’s okay with deposit; they must meet and get along with my 18 lb dachshund. I have a mild cat allergy so would have to meet your cat and see if it aggravates the allergy. Is a house, so has washer, dryer, refrigerator, microwave, oven, dishwasher. Decent sized windows and good natural light. Lease length and start date flexible but through December 2016 required. Prefer 1 year lease. 1 month’s rent refundable security deposit. With two roommates rent is $1540 + utilities or with three roommates $1000 + utilities.

Over the years I’ve lived with a variety of people and I’ve decided that it’s just easier for everyone involved to just be very blunt about housemate expectations. If the following description doesn’t match you, let’s not waste each other’s time or end up living together and hating each other.

The biggest necessity is that you’re very clean. Not just your own spaces, it’s a shared house and just by existing in the kitchen and living room ect, you dirty them. I hate being the only person who cleans the common spaces. If your usually complaint of old roommates is that you were the only one who cleaned, we might be a good fit. But if you’ve never sat and ranted to a friend about how much you hate your slob roommates, you’re probably not the cleanliness level I’m looking for. If you sweep and wipe down the kitchen regularly, and know all about how your vacuum works, we’ll probably get along wonderfully.

Due to the utilities being split among us, I’m also looking for energy conscious people. People who turn the lights out when they leave the room, use natural light when able, only run the dishwasher or washing machine when there’s a full load, don’t take hour long showers ect. I have a wide temperature comfort range, and think excessive heating/cooling of the house isn’t something I want to pay for.

Must love dogs. My dog is my best friend and loves to cuddle, so unless you close him out of the room, he’s going to be on the couch with you. I’ve had roommates before that came in not being a fan of dogs and left being incredibly depressed they wouldn’t get to see him anymore.

Mostly I’m looking for conscientious people who understand that sharing space takes thought on everyone’s part.

I’m 22F, recent college grad, into fitness and health, non-smoker, light social drinker. Seeking similar. I’ve lived in mixed gender houses before, so gender of roommates doesn’t matter but the available rooms share a bathroom so if I find a perfect fit who is only comfortable with their own gender, I’ll start screening for that. An issue in the past has been that the men I’ve lived with have never been nearly as clean as they thought they were, so please be realistic about that. Strong preference for young working adults or grad students. Despite this post possibly seeming uptight, I really like being friends with my roommates. Hanging out on the weekends, talking about our days, and trips to the greenbelt together. If you came away from reading this excessively long post and were nodding, shoot me a message. If you kinda want to punch me in the face, thanks for reading anyway :]



Submitted April 25, 2016 at 09:59PM by Neandertallica http://ift.tt/26oKHD4 AustinClassifieds

No comments:

Post a Comment