Wednesday, April 27, 2016

[Help] Tips for eating more while bulking? gainit

I've started lifting regularly on a proper 5 day split for a week now, but my diet is still poor. I want to gain muscle mass, so I need to have a calorie surplus. The thing is, I can't eat enough. For months before I started lifting, I got myself to eat very little to lose weight, which worked, I was eating about 1000-1500 calories a day, after a while my appetite declined and I was regularly taking in that amount of food which wasn't much. I'm still pretty much in the same situation, I have a small appetite and I get full with not much food. I'm hitting about 1500 a day, but slowly getting over that. 2000 is getting closer on good days, but I have to eat when I'm not even hungry.

I want to hit at least 2000 calories a day, and even that is too hard for me. I'm not sure exactly how many calories I should be ideally consuming for a proper and efficient bulk, but I'll assume 3000 calories would be better.

The Point

There's no way I can get to 3000 calories right now, the amount of food is just too much for me to eat.

  • What are some tips or advice to get yourself to eat more, especially when you don't have a large appetite or weren't eating much previously?

  • What are some cheap or easy calorie dense foods that gives a lot of calories in a moderate sized meal? What about for things to smack on?

  • For days I go to school, I have no access to things like a refrigerator, microwave, etc., I'm there most of the day, and I don't want to eat out, what are some especially calorie dense foods or drinks to snack on throughout the day that won't go bad if they're not kept a certain temperature or have to be heated?

  • Are there any specific meals or recipes you'd suggest to get calories up? Shakes are welcome too.

P.S I have this weird problem where I can't get myself to eat much, and especially anything sweet at all, in the morning when I'm still groggy. This is mainly an issue on days I go to school since I have to get up early, and for some reason my stomach gets upset if I eat much those mornings, and it stays upset for the rest of the day. Any help to get around this? Can you suggest any calorie dense foods that aren't sweet to help with this situation?

Sorry for the long post and several questions. Any help is appreciated.



Submitted April 28, 2016 at 09:20AM by AffablyAmiableAnimal http://ift.tt/1XWBufC gainit

No comments:

Post a Comment