Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Split furniture badroommates

I moved in with these two girls a while back. We all met online with a roommate finder website, and we all found a place to stay and all chipped in for furniture we found. Dining table ($150), couch ($150), laundry washer/dryer (220), and refrigerator ($228). We all paid equally for everything except the fridge (due to miscommunication and a 3way street of forgetfulness!)

So me and roommate A paid $188 each for the furniture, and roommate B paid $316 for the furniture.

Well Roommate B is moving out next month and will be leaving behind the furniture. We bought the stuff 1.5-2 years ago. Everything in very good condition.

Now Roommate A and I are still staying in the apartment using the furniture for who knows how long. I plan to stay as long as I can, and roommate A plans to move out within the year.

So my question is this. Should Roommate B get (some) compensation back for what she pitched in for the furniture when we moved in?

I tried to explain the details unbiased as possible. I want to get people's genuine input because the situation has caused some disagreements. I'll tell more to the tale after seeing what people say!



Submitted April 28, 2016 at 06:41AM by squeakyboo http://ift.tt/1QBIU1S badroommates

No comments:

Post a Comment