Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Night Shift nosleep

I have never posted anything on Reddit before but I just wanted to share this with you guys. I am a Guest Service Representative at a hotel from 3:00pm to 11:00pm, and I have been working at this hotel for at least 6 months. When I started my shift today, it was business as usual. I checked people in, I talked with my co-workers and managers, and I make sure everything is ship-shape at my desk. Around 9:30pm, it was just the houseman, Oliver, and me. There weren’t many check-ins left, so the rest of the night was expected to be pretty slow. Oliver was in the break room on his phone waiting for guest requests. I'd mess with him sometimes, whispering like a ghost on the walkie-talkies. This time, I kind of went too far with a joke about his new glasses and he turned off his radio. Sitting at the front desk, bored out of my mind, I just listened to the sounds of the refrigerator humming from the convenience market and the looping lounge music. In the end, I gave up trying to entertain myself and hopped onto Reddit. It was around 10:00pm when a tall man with a full suit walked in from the darkness outside. He approached me and spoke to me in a very low and slow tone, "Do you have any rooms available tonight?" We had plenty, so I told him the rate for the night and he grinned and said he would take a room. I asked for a photo ID and a credit card. The ID had a name printed on it but I cannot remember what it was. At least the credit card was normal, but it bugs me that I’m not able to remember the name on the credit card as well. I made his keys and showed him the direction to his room. As he turned away, he said “Thank you, have a safe night.” Even though he wasn’t facing me, I could sense that large grin on his face as he walked to the elevators. “A safe night” I thought. The guy gives me chills just thinking about him. I tried to call Oliver, so he can bring some extra towels up to the creepy man’s room to check on him. I wasn’t getting a response. Hesitant to leave my desk because I had one more check in, I kept trying to call him; I tried the in-house phones as well. My head ached, the feeling of isolation started to settle in. I couldn’t take it. I left my desk and hurried over to the break room. Just as I walked around the corner; facing down the hallway with the elevators, I saw Oliver with his back turned just standing there. I froze on the spot wondering if he was okay or just being a major asshole. A moment later, he turned and walked to the elevators. I recollected myself and quickly walked to the elevators as I yelled at Oliver. “Oliver! Hey man! Are you ok? Don’t be an asshole, this isn’t cool.” I started to jog down the hallway, and then sprinted, and right when I saw the elevators, I saw the doors closing and I ran to catch it but it was too late. The last thing I saw in the small crack was Oliver’s dead eyes stare at me. “Shit, what the hell is wrong with him?” I said hitting the elevator door in defeat. I stared at the elevator door in silence. The sound of silence made everything in the hotel seem threating, but then I realized that nothing was playing. The music in the lobby stopped. I walked back to the lobby thinking it’s just my mind playing tricks on me, but the lobby music that is always on, was off. All of a sudden, a weight overtook my body slamming me to the floor like a giant bear pounced on me. Blasting sounds of feedback busted though the speakers screeching higher and higher. I held my ears tight as I could feel the screeching noise reverb throughout my body. Then it abruptly stopped and the weight was lifted. My body ached and I couldn’t hear anything. The ringing in my ears was loud as hell, but when I came to I slowly heard the sound of the phones ringing. Getting up was difficult. I felt weak that I couldn’t even stand properly. Grasping on the desk, the phone showed multiple room numbers ringing in, probably complaints about what happened. I didn’t want to answer them; I just wanted to call the police or my parents. I picked up the phone and said “hello?” No one answered. I started to cry, none of this was funny. As I wept on the floor with my back leaning against my desk, the power went out. I quickly grabbed a flashlight, and got the hell out of there. Once outside, I looked back at the hotel, the windows were open and the lights were out showing absolute darkness except for one room that had a light blue glow. “Fuck this, I’m going home.” I turned my back and walked to my car, but then I heard a noise on the radio hanging on my back pocket. The noise was static and I could barely make out a voice. I walked closer to the hotel for a better reception and it became clear. It was Oliver screaming. The air outside got colder and thin as I listen to the screams on the radio. The radio shut off in the hotel I could hear more screaming. I backed up in fear hearing the screams become cries and cries become suffering. I couldn’t bare it anymore, however; I saw one of the windows had a figure at the front. Looking closer, it was him. The grinning man in the suit was waving at me. “Save us.” The radio turned back on. “Help us, it hurts so much.” There was laughter, and then I heard Oliver’s voice. “Jer! It me Oliver! Please answer me! There are these large creatures that are running around attacking the guests! I’m stuck in the 4th floor linen closet.” I continued to listen to Oliver’s exhausted voice, but I felt like it was a trap. Because I was worried for Oliver, I stupidly respond back “Oliver is that really you?” he shouts quietly “Yes it is, but please tell me, it’s you? I heard a voice on my radio telling me to go to random rooms with messed up requests and it sounds just like you. I was so close to coming over and punching you. Then the lights went…” hearing his voice made me feel less alone, and I knew that was Oliver. “Yeah it’s me, I don’t want to go in there man. You need to get out.” On the radio, he explains to me that he needs to get to the engineering room and turn on the emergency generator, but he is stuck on the fourth floor. I really didn’t want to, but he was stuck in there and I had to get him out; plus, he had the maintenance keys. Not wanting to abandon him, I walked to the front door and the doors slid open. Already I’m getting bad vibes from opening doors that have no power. Knowing what I’m getting myself into, I walked into the darkness with my flashlight and the doors slammed behind me.



Submitted May 01, 2016 at 06:38AM by Jericho663 http://ift.tt/1X0FbCM nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment