Monday, April 25, 2016

Anthropophobia creepypasta

1

I am an introvert. It’s not the I don’t like people, I just prefer to be alone. Well, I guess you could say it’s more than just a preference. I haven’t left my apartment in 3 weeks. The last time I went outside it was to the grocery store. The entire time, people were looking at me, staring at me. I could feel them judging me. Silently. I almost didn’t even make it through the trip.

So now, I am laying on my mattress in the middle of the living space of my 3 room apartment, because I couldn't bare to be near the windows. People would be able to see in. They would be able to judge me. I have even painted over my windows with some spare paint I had. I know the landlord won't appreciate this, but it had to be done.

My neighbor won’t stop playing music. He’s been playing the same song on repeat for 2 weeks. Or, I should say, for what I assume is 2 weeks. I’ve gotten rid of most of my electronics. My phone, computer, etc. People can judge you on those.

I’ve lost track of the days.

I am currently living off of the reserves I have and have almost completely run out of the food I bought on my last trip out. I don’t know what i'm going to do once I don’t have anything else to eat. Going to get more food is out of the question, I can’t risk people seeing me.

The garbage is starting to smell. I have at least 3 bags full of it, sitting by the door, waiting to be taken out. Well I guess they are going to have to wait for a long time.

The first few days of my seclusion I heard people walking, talking, doing their everyday activities in the hall and through the walls. Recently however, the sounds have stopped. Aside from the incessant music, I have heard nothing from the outside world.

I’m not sure how I am going to be able to pay my bills and rent, and I've even stopped getting hot water. I’m not a very popular guy, but you’d assume that at least one person would try to contact me. But no, nobody has knocked on my door, or even tried to get to me for that matter.

I’d really like to open my window. I bet it’s a nice day out today. I think it would be nice to hear the sounds of the city. Cars, birds, wind, anything. Come to think of it, in addition to hearing (almost) no noise from my apartment building, I also don’t recall hearing anything from outside. Strange. Normally I would at least have heard it rain, as it does often in the springtime.

The music. I need to stop the music. If being alone won’t drive me crazy, this music sure as hell will.

2

I have been preparing myself for many days now. To open my door, walk 10 feet to me neighbor’s door, and demand he turns that awful music off. I’ve lost count of exactly how many, but I’ve slept 3 times since I made the decision to do something about it.

But there’s this nagging feeling, tugging at my stomach. What will be there when I open the door? What if someone sees me? What will they think when they see a 22 year old man who, judging by his appearance, hasn’t showed in days? I can’t let that happen. But this music, It needs to stop. I can’t imagine living one more day having to listen to that god awful song for the millionth time in a row. I might drive myself crazy by not doing something. I have to.

3

Something horrible has happened.

This morning, I finally couldn’t bare to hear the music for any longer. So, I got up from my bed, and opened my door for the first time in a long while. I went to my neighbors door, and knocked.

But- nobody answered. Maybe they were just asleep (though I don’t know how somebody could sleep with all that noise). I couldn’t live with myself if I gave up now, having to go back to my dinky apartment and willow in annoyance for the rest of eternity. If I did, there’s no way I could build up the courage to leave again.

So I decided to break in.

Well, I wouldn’t really use the word “break” seeing as how the door was, for some reason, unlocked. His apartment was exactly the same size as mine, a 3 bedroom with little room for getting around after you put furniture in it. It didn’t take long to search the entire apartment, and nobody was there.

Maybe he left for vacation, and in his haste to catch his flight, might have forgotten to turn off his music. But that doesn’t explain the unlocked door, and the fact that personal items, like keys and his phone, were still in the apartment.

I then started the search for the source of the music, and I found it. It was playing through massive speakers mounted in each corner of my neighbors bedroom, coming from his computer. I hesitantly clicked the pause button.

This was all to weird to just run back home, even for me. So I walked further down the hall and to the stairs leading to the lobby of the apartment building. And nobody was there. Nobody. Anywhere. I even went out into the street. Again, nobody. Nothing, Not even an animal.

I ran back to my apartment, locked the door, and rushed to the safety of my mattress.

What the hell is going on.

4

Maybe the music wasn’t so bad. Maybe it was better than sitting in complete silence 24/7. At least with the music playing I had something to occupy my thoughts. Now it’s just me. I’ve run out of things to think about.

I’m on my last rations of food. What will I do when it runs out? I’m not sure how long what I’ve got left will last. A few days, tops. Maybe a week if I only eat the bare minimum.

The water has stopped altogether. I feared this might happen, as I haven’t paid my bills for over a month, so I filled some old water bottles I had laying around and put them in the refrigerator a couple of days ago.

I guess i’ll just have to sit and wait for something to change. Anything.

5

The power went out today. I now sit in complete darkness, i'm talking pitch black. The only light there is comes from sunlight shining under my front door from the hallway.

This also means that what little food I have left will go bad. I ran out of non-perishable foods, the canned stuff, at least a week ago, and all the rest is just random assorted scraps, things I have laying around.

I’m not sure what I will do from here on out.

6

I can hear something outside my window. It’s faint, but definitely there against the complete silence of everything else. It sounds like a gentle tapping. It’s rhythmic, happening at a set pace.

I think it’s footsteps.

It’s much louder now, and I can distinctly make out each step. They sound like they are coming from something heavy, like a boot.

Whatever it is just opened the front door of my apartment building, and the steps changed with the floor of the building.

I'm not sure what to do, go out and greet it or stay in here and hope it doesn’t find me. I think I’ll take the latter.

It’s coming up the steps now.

Please don’t find me. Please.

It’s almost outside my door. Maybe 15, 20 feet tops.

It’s standing right outside my door. I can see the light being blocked by it’s shoes under the door.

Please help me.



Submitted April 26, 2016 at 04:12AM by SuperMicrobyte http://ift.tt/1SG0aYm creepypasta

No comments:

Post a Comment