Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Possible pet hoarder who can't cope with loss...how can I help? Petloss

I have a family member who is keeping a deceased pet in their refrigerator. They plan to keep it there for four days before taking it to be cremated. I worry frankly that the animal will start decomposing. This is the third time I know of that they have done this. They refused to consider euthanasia as an option and allowed the animal to suffer for months. The time spent with the animal had a negative impact on their relationships with friends and family. The person rarely left the house and always compromised plans. I should add that there are nine other dogs at their house, two of whom have chronic conditions. Am I dealing with an animal hoarder? If so would it be appropriate for me to offer to get them help? This has been going on for about 15 years. The house is often unsanitary and smells of ammonia. The person has a chronic sinus condition that started after the animals arrived. Sorry to be vague about gender and the type of animal, but I absolutely cannot risk them finding out I posted this. Thank you in advance. I am at my wit's end.



Submitted April 27, 2016 at 11:38PM by Thr0wTh1sAcc0untAway http://ift.tt/1pFZS9A Petloss

No comments:

Post a Comment