Monday, April 25, 2016

The most wonderful thing about keto, my life doesn't revolve around food anymore. I ain't thinking about my next meal. Anyone else? keto

Where do I start, lets go back 5 months and I was always thinking about food. At work, at home, when I got up in the morning. I would plan early in the week what I would make for the weekend. My co workers loved to tease me cause I would work out the menu at work. So they would always ask me, "Whats the menu for today?".

Started Keto and it was overwhelming at first. Early in the process your body is still getting adapted and you are still working out this concept that you thought you knew for over 20 years - hunger.

I would pack snacks - cheese strings, pepperoni sticks, deli meats, etc to work to snack on cause I would get pretty hungry.

Fast forward 3 months, 25.6 pounds down and food barely crosses my mind. I've noticed at least over the last 3-4 weeks, I've got no need for snacks. So I still have cheese strings and pork rinds in my pantry that I bought over 2 months back. I don't snack between meals. I've even managed to cut my meals from 3 down to 2 full meals. I usually skip a big breakfast. Lunch is my biggest meal since its really convenient and an early dinner if I am still hungry.

I am never thinking about my next meal since I've cleared my pantry and refrigerators of all the bad carb food items. I always have food ready to go so I don't over think it. I have pork chops marinated and ready to grill, sausages boiled and ready to be fried, pork shoulder ready for a stir fry, zucchini spiraled when I am in a mood for pasta, cream cheese, pesto sauce (can be heavy in carbs so go easy) and am finding it so much easier sticking to keto. I also have Chipotle right next to where I work so I don't have to overthink my meals when I am in a mood to spoil myself and chicken wings at work.

I would have never thought Keto could have been this easy when I started. It was really hard at the start but now Its all coming together slowly. I've embraced this lifestyle and I've seen a huge difference. I've even gotten back to enjoying and loving cooking.



Submitted April 26, 2016 at 03:23AM by NordWitcher http://ift.tt/1XSXPL6 keto

No comments:

Post a Comment