Thursday, April 28, 2016

I found a very disturbing message written on a bathroom stall near Glass, Texas. nosleep

My friends and I were traveling to visit a relative of mine in Austin. We had road tripped all the way from Missouri. At this point, we were kinda bouncing around to various towns, exploring the country side. We had arrived in Texas a bit early and had time to kill.

At one point, we stopped at a gas station near Glass, Texas. Never saw the town, but that's what the old paper map we were using said (we wanted to do things old school with the paper map, but I mean I still used my phone half the time). The station was a place called "Quickie-Fix", and seemed perfectly average. Just a little run down, but still colorful. I'm sure it would have seemed creepy at night, but during the day and with friends it was nothing to be worried about. It was also safe to say that there was hardly anything around this place - maybe some cows grazing, but no buildings. Just more road and fields in the distance.

My friends, a couple guys named Tom and Cooper, wanted to load up on snacks and I needed to use the bathroom. The inside of the station was also average - fluorescent lights beating down on everything, beverages in refrigerators. The woman behind the counter was a bit off putting - she was incredibly overweight and didn't seem to respond to us walking in. She just kept staring ahead, at nothing in particular, enormous arms resting on the counter.

I tried to find the bathroom myself, and after not spotting it easily, I resigned myself to talking to the woman. I asked her where the bathroom was, and she looked at me very suddenly. There was something off about the way her attention just snapped to me, as if I had broken a spell.

She slowly, almost robotically, handed me a key.

"'Round back," she said simply. I took the key, which felt heavy and wet (I chalked it up to her having sweaty hands).

I held the key in my hand and told my friends I'd be right back. As I walked out the door, I glanced back inside. The woman had been watching me, as if she didn't want me running off with the key. Her eyes seemed so much more alert now that I had it in my hands.

I made my way around back, and I found a door with a little man on it. The men's room. It looked about as mucky as anything else in this gas station. Oddly enough, there wasn't a door nearby with a woman on it. I thought it was odd. I guess it was a gender neutral situation? I slid the key into the handle, and pushed my way inside.

The bathroom was dark. I tentatively groped for a light switch (I didn't want to touch much of anything in there), and when the lights flicked on, I noticed bugs crawling into the corners. Great, I thought. Can't wait to put my bare ass on the toilet in here.

It was still relatively dark - one of the fluorescents was out, and so the whole place seemed dim. There was a urinal and a single stall. Kinda creepy, but again, it was daytime and I wasn't all too concerned. There was an odd smell though - like fish. Or maybe just shit. Like a putrid combination of the two.

I opened the stall, and to my surprise, the toilet wasn't overflowing with vomit or a trucker's shit. It was actually decently clean - still relatively white porcelain. There was paper, and so I naturally covered as much as I could before sitting down. At this point I really needed to go, which is probably why I didn't notice the writing on the wall until I had my pants down and was taking care of my business.

On the right wall, there was what looked like writing. It had been scratched onto the wall, messily and seemingly hastily. I am transcribing what I found exactly as I found it. Any words in the parentheses are my own personal notes. The message covered nearly the entire right side of the stall. It read as follows:

dont look up i am on the ceiling it is too late to go dont go i promise i will be soft with you until i am finished and so dont look up i am angry (it could also have read "hungry")

i dont want you to be -----(illegible word) it has been too long -----------------------(this next line was completely incomprehensible)

good keep reading dont look up keep reading dont look up dont look up yet keep reading

(at this point I realized what I had gotten myself into. everything in my body told me to look up, that this was silly. but I just couldn't do it.)

i dont want you to see me i dont want you to leave it has been so long so long please keep reading dont look up

----------(more illegible writing. It looked as if the writing was scratched into the wall by desperate human nails. I was also starting to panic a bit and was reading a lot faster.)

okay keep reading dont look up i am coming down now dont look up i am coming down now keep reading i am coming down for you keep reading dont look up dont look up i know it is hard but i dont want you to see me i am almost down i will feel you soon (pretty sure it said feel) your skin your hair so soft i am coming down for you dont look up dont look up dont look up dont leave i need it dont look up i am coming down

dont look up almost there dont look up dont look up dont look up DONT LOOK UP DONT LOOK UP ---- look up


That was all there was. It ended with scratches I couldn't quite make out. My heart was racing as I quickly pulled my pants up (didn't even finish going to the bathroom) and got the fuck out of the there. I didn't look up (I fucking couldn't, man), and I burst out of that bathroom back into the light. I never felt better. I went straight to the car. I texted my friends that I wanted to leave, fast. Then I realized I still had the key in my hand. I decided I'd keep it - there was no way I wanted to see that woman in there again. I wanted to vanquish this place from memory.

When we left, I told my friends about the message, but not in a way that implied I believed it. Just thought it was kinda cool and creepy, I said. But I felt truly afraid. I felt as if I just barely escaped something horrible. I felt the key in my pocket as I told the story, a trophy of my survival, I thought to myself.

I wish I had gotten a picture to show you, but I was so paranoid I left in a real hurry. I know deep down that this was probably a VERY, VERY effective scare prank. But who would do this at a gas station in the middle of nowhere? And there was that smell I couldn't quite place. Like fish, but not quite right.

This was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. But there is one more thing I didn't fully realize until after the fact. Something I haven't mentioned. Before I had sat down to use the toilet, there was something on the other wall. The one opposite from the eerie message. A series of tallies as if someone was keeping count. If I counted right, there were about 25 marks. I would have been 26.

Whatever that means.

-ACudi



Submitted April 28, 2016 at 09:14PM by ACudi http://ift.tt/1VUR3Y2 nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment