Friday, March 11, 2016

Would love some help with my VFT! Not really living but not dead either. SavageGarden

Hello fellow plant lovers. I could use your help.

I think I almost killed my VFT. It's the first hibernation I did, and the website which I checked at first misinformed me a little bit. Now I know the VFT is supposed to lose its leaves. But mine lost almost all of them. The thing which concerns me most is that it doesn't have traps anymore.

 

Picture one

Picture two

Picture three

 

Some background

  • I saw this one in the store around october and I immediately fell in love with the VFT. I bought it, looked up how to take care of it. I watered it everyday (rainwater) and took good care of it. It grew well and was very pretty. Sadly I don't have pictures of the before. :( Saw the thing about hibernation and put the dates in my calendar.
  • I made my plant do a refrigerator dormancy. Plastic bag over plant. Didn't cut leaves. Should have done that though. The plant kept growing well and the leaves didn't get very short as far as I know. Now I barely have any leaves left and growth is very slow.
  • I checked the water regulary. Only gave it new water if the saucer was dry.
  • A week ago I repotted the plant in a slightly bigger pot. Took off the dead leaves. The roots were partly dead, which was to be expected. But the living ones didn't look super healthy. The roots weren't as white as they are supposed to be (as far as I know).
  • Have been introducing them to light but still rather cool temperatures. Since two days they are in the living room, so raised temperature and sunlight + I give them more water.

 

I'm trying to be patient because it might still be hibernating. But if anyone can tell me what I can do better this moment, or what's going on, I would be very grateful! The steady growth in the refrigerator, the stopping of growth only some weeks ago, the very thin and small leaves and the lack of traps is what concerns me.



Submitted March 12, 2016 at 05:01AM by Silverglade http://ift.tt/1pCn2xW SavageGarden

No comments:

Post a Comment