Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Best method for measuring keg volume just got better! Homebrewing

A few days ago I saw a post by /u/ballandkeg about the improvements they have made to their balls ;). I posted about my experience thus far (magnet in the float was not strong enough to stay connected to the locator magnet when I was moving my kegs) and they offered to send me two of the new ones to try out.

After I cleaned one of my kegs I decided to look at both the old and the new floats. Wow, it's like night and day. The test that really blew me away was putting them on the refrigerator. The new ones stuck in place and could even hold pictures and stuff up while the old ones could not even hold their own weight. I was also filling a keg yesterday so I plopped in a new float and found that not only was it easier to grab the float (with the locator magnet) but I was able to move the full keg from my kitchen to livingroom (~25ft) and into the kegerator without losing the connection to the locator magnet.

I highly recommend these to anyone who wants to monitor their keg levels and I will definitely be buying more when I'm able to get a bigger kegerator!

TL;DR The new Ball and Keg's are awesome!



Submitted March 29, 2016 at 10:42PM by 123rdb http://ift.tt/1RxkfNL Homebrewing

No comments:

Post a Comment