Sunday, March 27, 2016

Refrigerator ice machine leaked into subfloor, basement ceiling HomeImprovement

So I'm staying at my future mother in law's house in the basement for the weekend, and I hear dripping on the ceiling. I think find the refrigerator upstairs has a leaky icemaker with a puddle on the floor that flowed under the fridge, presumably to the wall where it must have dripped down the side and onto the basement ceiling. Maybe 1/8 of a cup of water actually dripped from the ceiling drywall.

The water source has been stopped. There's thoughts that this could be the first time this has happened, but my spidey senses tell me that the odds of this being the case may be slim.

The refrigerator won't budge. It's been there for more than a decade, my fear is that the feet have sunken a bit into the floor from pressure, time, and possible water damage to the floor.

Assuming I cannot get behind the fridge, what must I do for this? I believe the leak has stopped, do I need to open up the basement ceiling to see if there is moisture / mold? Air it out? Mold treat it? Can I just ignore it as there doesn't appear to be water stains on the ceiling?

Ideas / thoughts appreciated! Thanks.



Submitted March 28, 2016 at 10:30AM by midnitewarrior http://ift.tt/1ofRbSu HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment