Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Kitchen Budget Help HomeImprovement

I’m looking into remodeling my kitchen and was hoping for some help on the budget.

I live in an 800 sq ft condo in Chicago, my Kitchen is 61 sq feet. I’m hoping for the remodel to include cabinets, backsplash (tile), countertops (stone), new oven, refrigerator, and sink. Currently my kitchen is set up with 8 cabinets, I think with a better cabinet plan I could end up fitting in 9 to 10 cabinets,and planning to go with a style from Ikea. I would say that the counter tops will be roughly require 20-25 sq ft.

When calling contractors, I’ve been turned down for quotes being told that kitchens cost $25K+. With the size of my Kitchen (total 61 sq ft) and not needing the most expensive or high end materials, I was thinking my budget could range from $10-15k. Am I ignorant to the world of kitchen remodeling or is $10-15k somewhat realistic? If my range is not realistic, where should I compromise to get down to my budget?

Here is what my kitchen looks like http://ift.tt/1SkDpq3

Edit: I no longer have the dishwasher shown in the picture. I replaced and updated the dishwasher 2 years ago, and do not need a new one.



Submitted March 30, 2016 at 01:07AM by onlyusereddit4cats http://ift.tt/1Th20Rn HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment