Thursday, March 24, 2016

Did I just drink spoiled kefir? fermentation

I've made my first fermented coconut water using probiotic capsules a week ago. The taste was pleasant. Like coconut whisky. However, my second ferment tasted like foul, rancid expired whey/ yogurt. Am I going to get sick?

The coconut I used had white modly things on top. I poked a hole and smelled it. It smelled fine. So, I fermented that water in an air tight container. After 30 hours, it was fermented. It was smelling foul and rancid. It tasted the same way. Kind of like what yogurt tastes after its expiry date when left outside the refrigerator.

I thought maybe, it got too fermented. So, I drank almost half a litre of it.

Now I realized how disgusting that was. Maybe the coconut water was spoiled. In case the coconut water was spoiled and moldy, my fermentation gave the bad bacteria and molds opportunity to reproduce outnumber the bad bacteria.

Am I going to get sick?

Will I get any symptoms if the fermented coconut water contained bad bacteria?



Submitted March 25, 2016 at 11:30AM by fitnessfreak6 http://ift.tt/1UMjVQN fermentation

No comments:

Post a Comment