Sunday, August 9, 2015

I'm and obese 29 year old who takes Coumadin, a blood thinner that interacts with vitamin K. I need a complete overhaul of my lifestyle - starting with nutrition. Can anyone help? nutrition

I've been contemplating changing my life style for a very long time, and now is the time to do it. I've thrown everything out of my refrigerator/freezer and am about to throw out or donate my canned/boxed dry goods.

It sounds pathetic, but I need to learn to feed myself. I managed to pull myself out of a very, very long period of depression, and I had/have these grand plans, but I've been stalling. Part of it is because I live with my father, and it's difficult to force changes on him. I know that sounds fucked, but he eats junk like I do, drinks a lot of soda, smokes cigarettes and is basically bedridden. I'm obese, but he is not. He's just broken down from a physically demanding career. He's 65 and looks about 90 when he's walking.

I just got my first real job in years a few months ago, got a vehicle, and ever since I have been eating fast food. Which is somewhat funny, because before getting this vehicle I would go a year or two without eating fast food.

I feel like a child saying this, but I feel like I need someone to plan a schedule for me. When to sleep, wake up, eat, what to eat, when to workout, what to buy, etc.

I'm not sure what I weigh at the moment, but I have a cardiologist appointment tomorrow, so I'll know then. I weighed ~275 a month ago.

I'm an experienced Redditor, but I made this account to start fresh, I guess. Subbing to health and fitness subreddits, removing defaults and distraction subreddits (for the most part).

I'm sorry. I have a difficult time processing information. I did a lot of drugs in my youth, and it's severely screwed my memory and ability to retain information. I'm trying to escape the doper part of me. Make friends for other reasons than a common interest or history with drugs. I want to live a clean life, change everything about myself. I have come to terms with my past, I finally love my mental self, but I need my physical self to catch up.



Submitted August 10, 2015 at 07:17AM by Chunk_Delight http://ift.tt/1MX10yW nutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment