Monday, August 31, 2015

Plumbing emergency, can't reach landlord - what to do?? pittsburgh

I live in an apartment complex and my rental agency's emergency voicemail box is full. (must. restrain. fist. of. death) Right now there is sewage water bubbling up from a pipe or something in the floor in my HVAC cabinet. The unit is in a closet that is in corner of my kitchen, along with my fridge. (It is directly across from my refrigerator, like 2 feet. I can't even open my fridge door the whole way.) I cannot reach anyone. The one 24/7 plumber I tried wouldn't come out without approval from the landlord...who I can't reach.

I'm assuming that I'm out of luck for tonight. But what should I do in the morning? What is the LL's legal responsibility to clean this up? This started last night, I heard water gurgling really loudly coming from the HVAC cabinet. Had a puddle of water on the floor this morning. Maintenance came out today to "fix" the AC and then told me to run it the rest of the night to dry out the cabinet. The cabinet had at least an inch of standing water in it. Water got under the wall, as well, and this wall is a shared wall with the entry hallway.

I've never had to deal with something like this before. This rental agency is a few short steps up from straight-up slumlords, so if there is a way for them to do the least amount of, and least expensive, work on this, they will. Is there anything else I need to do to document this? I took pictures as best I could. I have health issues so I am really concerned about mold forming after so much water has leaked in and around the cabinet.

Thanks.



Submitted September 01, 2015 at 10:48AM by cardinality00 http://ift.tt/1Kov0DL pittsburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment