Monday, August 31, 2015

Adjusting refrigerator's level on and uneven surface DIY

I want to adjust the leveling of my refrigerator so that it is not leaning to one side. The lean is to the right and causing the door to fly open and slam into a wall unless I hold it while using the fridge. This is then compounded by heavy condiments in the door shelves.

My research brought up a few things saying it's good to ensure the fridge leans backwards slightly to keep pressure on the seal with the door shut. That makes sense because the fridge has adjustable-height feet on the front only, and none on the back.

The problem I'm having is with just two adjustable feet I can't adjust it so that it doesn't lean and still sits fully on all four corners.

It's a Frigidaire FFHT1725PS2, from Sears I think (?). I tried to fix it by lowering the left foot, but this caused the entire fridge to sit only on the back-left and front-right feet, teetering between the other two. I think the problem is the floor tiles are not level causing the imbalance, it's an over 100-year old house so it's to be expected.

The "Leveling and Adjusting" section of the refrigerator's installation manual only says to ensure it's level from side to side, without any instructions.



Submitted September 01, 2015 at 08:02AM by ryguyt http://ift.tt/1JtrG4o DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment