Saturday, August 29, 2015

Questions about your specific refrigerator power consumption and also an offshoot question about solar. vandwellers

So I've been considering getting a refrigerator and been doing a fair bit of research and am fairly certain I want a 12volt fridge with either a swingarm or danfross compressor. Haven't quite narrowed it down yet but am leaning more towards dometic due to their cost over engel or arb, and am a little scared of edgestar despite reading from some people who enjoy them because of people reporting doa issues also. But the brand isn't really too much of a matter right now, I still have to figure that out and wouldn't mind input but my main question is on power consumption.

I realize power consumption will vary based on the temperature differential between the environment and what you set your fridge/freezer at and also how frequently you open it but I'm trying to get a general idea of real world usage from a few people so if you could share what fridge you use and about how many amps per day I'd love you forever.

I've been looking at different ways to power the fridge and would like to pick up 2 100w renogy panels from amazon but am concerned that mounting them flat/my propensity to park in wooded (read shaded) areas would lead to less than optimal conditions for solar charging and that it simply would not work for my situation. If you do have solar panels do you find that they limit your campsite choices and require you to be in the sun all day?



Submitted August 30, 2015 at 07:15AM by recoveringdeleted http://ift.tt/1EpXp9O vandwellers

No comments:

Post a Comment