Saturday, November 18, 2017

Looking for advice for buying/negotiating the price for my first house. personalfinance

Hi all. Looking to buy our first home that isn't an apartment. We are looking at a townhouse priced at 173k. Other specs include 1370 sqft, 3 bed/2.5 bath, spread over 3 stories.

Some points that I'm considering for negotiation:

  • We have been approved for a loan of 250k, but if we get a loan using the realtor's lenders, they take 3k off of the house.

  • As far as I am aware, the house does not come with a refrigerator and a washer/dryer. Dishwasher/oven/microwave/garbage disposal are included.

  • This is a brand new property, under construction as of today and expected to be completed around January. The entire community is a brand new collection of townhomes. This might deflate my bargaining power since they are brand newly built.

I'm new to the process of buying a house, so I am really looking to leverage my power to get a good deal, but granted I think the price is already fair. I'll disclose most information if needed, just not entirely sure what is important. Thank you for any help!



Submitted November 19, 2017 at 07:58AM by Synikx http://ift.tt/2mGS4by personalfinance

No comments:

Post a Comment