Tuesday, November 28, 2017

I Think I Have Proof of the Bogeyman nosleep

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn’t there. He wasn’t there again today, I wish, I wish he’d go away…

-Hughes Mearns

This is going to seem a little strange, but I think I have proof of the Bogeyman. I watch my two-year-old niece, Jeannie, several times a week. She is a “difficult” child, and I often have to tell her repeatedly not to do things like play in the refrigerator or throw her stuffed animals in the trash. This particular time, she was pulling ornaments off the Christmas tree.

So I decided to tell her about the Bogeyman. I specifically told her that if she continued to be a bad girl, that the Bogeyman would come out of her closet when it got dark and take her away. Jeannie listened with interest, and when I finished the story, she took my hand and led me to her bedroom closet, chanting “Bogeyman, Bogeyman” the whole way. She seemed to have no fear of the Bogeyman, because it seemed as though she wanted to find the monster in the closet. Mentally giving up, I followed and helped her look through the closet. No monster, no Bogeyman, just as I suspected. I told Jeannie, “Oh the Bogeyman is sleeping, try again later.” And I thought that was the end of it.

After this, Jeannie stayed behind in her bedroom to play while I went throughout the house, straightening up her mess. After a half hour or so, I was done straightening, so I sat on the couch to rest my back for a minute. As I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, I hear Jeannie talking gibberish to someone. Thinking she’s role-playing, like children often do, I go check on her.

Now this is something you have to understand, when I was in that room last, the light was turned on, because Jeannie was still playing in that room. However, when I returned to check on her, the light was off, and Jeannie is too short to flip the switch. The room was almost completely dark.

I stood just outside the door for a moment, listening, before deciding to take out my phone to catch a cute video of her playing some kind of game. When I glanced in, camera at the ready, I saw Jeannie standing in front of the open closet, talking to someone. As I snapped a photo, I saw a hand reaching out of the closet, toward Jeannie! I was so startled I dropped the phone and flipped on the light. Jeannie looked at me, startled by the sudden light, and looked at me like “what’d you do that for?” The hand was gone.

I searched the closet, behind hanging clothes and boxes on the floor, but there was no one. What the hell did I see and capture in a pic? We left the bedroom, I closed the door firmly, and we stayed out of that room for the rest of the day.

Here is a link to the pic I took.

http://ift.tt/2Bjfruk



Submitted November 27, 2017 at 11:02PM by nefariousgoulash http://ift.tt/2zN1KHB nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment