Thursday, November 23, 2017

Home brewery Homebrewing

Home brewery is now complete. Our garage has had a car inside it once in the past 18 years so the wife allowed me to convert half of it to a home brewery. To help convince her I said her refrigerator/freezer for storing fresh juice and frozen berries could be there along with the plastic jugs she uses for transporting freshly mashed apple juice. She also doesn't like beer or the smell of brewing beer which helped secure the OK. I should confess I store my hops in "her" berry freezer. I also hope to use some of her berries in a recipe and convince her to make some cider with some of her juice

I'm not a DIY type of guy so I can't take credit for the craftsmanship; only the ideas and the installation of shelves.

Key aspects of brewery: * SS table - bought used from a reseller * Water valve under table for connecting carbon water filter or spray hose for cleaning bigger items. It has separate control valves for hot and cold allowing to get desired temperature. * Plenty of outlets above table for Braumeister, pump, ... A switch to control a plug where pump will be plugged in and in-wall channel for running the corresponding wire to a chugger pump that will be mounted on lower wooden shelf * Exhaust fan for extracting steam and vent in door for allowing replacement air when the exhaust is on. * A lot of tile and a floor drain for easy cleaning * Plenty of plugs for refrigerators and (inkbird) control unit * The small refrigerator holds 2 ball-lock kegs. I plan to get another for fermenting with the SS conical * wired network from main house

Here are a few pictures.



Submitted November 24, 2017 at 02:07AM by mikeschmidt69 http://ift.tt/2zw0VD1 Homebrewing

No comments:

Post a Comment