Friday, November 24, 2017

Just when I think I have this brewing thing pretty much figured out... Homebrewing

I go and do something stupid.

I got a rather respectable red ale on tap last weekend, and poured myself a glass on Wednesday evening. It was about my fifth glass out of this keg.

So far so good.

Apparently when I closed the refrigerator door I closed it on the picnic tap, so it continued pouring into the bottom of the refrigerator and then spilled out onto the floor of the garage. When the beer was exhausted the CO2 bottle continued to vent, so that's empty too.

The good news is that nothing else in the refrigerator or garage was ruined, and as soon as I replace the empty CO2 bottle (tomorrow) I'll be able to drink the otnew beer I have on tap (stout). The bad news, besides the obvious, is that my garage smells like a frat house on Sunday morning.

I learned an important lesson, and I share this in the hope that others can learn from my stupidity and not lose almost all of a brand new keg. I'm brewing a replacement right now.



Submitted November 25, 2017 at 07:13AM by EwoksMakeMeHard http://ift.tt/2jXQdOA Homebrewing

No comments:

Post a Comment