Thursday, November 30, 2017

How can I safely restrain someone with autism? autism

I need help. Both of my brothers are autistic and one has more severe autism than the other. The one with the severe autism likes to fight and get violent when things don't go his way. I'm older then him but he's taller and much stronger than me. Sometimes when my mom or grandma has to go the store or something they tell me to watch them for a little bit. Yesterday they had to go to a funeral and I had to watch them until they got back. They were behaving OK last night because it was around their bedtime and I think my mom gave them their medicine. But today my mom had to go to rite aid to pick up her medicine and told me to watch them until she got back. When she left I decided to go into the fridge for a tiny slice of cheesecake and my brother saw me eat it. Then he kept saying "cake cake" to me because he wanted some. Even if I gave him some/or all of what was left he would still ask for more and not leave me alone. I told him no. I then had to fight him for my keys because he wanted them so that he could open the refrigerator. I had to tussle with him, raise my voice and threaten him with a broom for him to finally leave me alone. We're trying to teach him that no means no. When he can't get what he wants he cries, throws tantrums or gets violent. I'm tired of living like this and I deserve the right to eat and drink whatever I want without being attacked. Is there a way that I can stop/restrain him from trying to fight me? How can I cope with this without going insane?



Submitted December 01, 2017 at 04:09AM by Obsidian2001 http://ift.tt/2jAXJv4 autism

No comments:

Post a Comment