Thursday, November 30, 2017

My house smells like rotten death breakingmom

Our house has a big apartment over our garage. Think of it as a finished bonus room with a full kitchen. The fridge basically stays empty but we do keep 2-3 “emergency briskets” in the freezer. (I’m Jewish AND live in a city that’s famous for BBQ, so brisket emergencies are very real.)

Anyway some point around thanksgiving the refrigerator died and because we’ve been busy getting through the holidays we haven’t spent any time up there. It wasn’t until yesterday that I walked passed the stairs and smell roadkill knocked me on my fucking ass that I investigated.

It was like a horror movie. With every step the smell intensified and I almost shouted “Hello” before opening the door because I was sure there was going to be some fucking dead people on meat hooks when I opened the door.

Thankfully no dead people but when I opened the freezer door I almost died. The poor briskets has partially liquified and holy fucking shit nothing in the world has ever or will ever smell as bad as what’s happened in there. I can’t even describe it but I think you can pretty much imagine. The smell actually hurt my eyes.

The following two hours were basically my husband treating the freezer like a bio hazard and cleaning. Oh and to add a cherry on top of the story the refrigerator isn’t actually broken. SOMEONE OVER THE HOLIDAYS UNPLUGGED MY GODDAMN FRIDGE no telling who, we hosted a Friendsgiving party with 50 adults and 20 children a few weeks ago so my money is on some kid.

Unfortunately, I don’t think the freezer is salvageable. The smell has permeated the plastic so I’ve called our county help center to pick it up, maybe someone can use it in their garage or something. I don’t know my husband bleached the ever loving shit out of it so I don’t think it’s a biohazard but I’ve told them the whole story. I’ve ordered a replacement (Yay spending over a grand right before the December holidays.)

The smell is still lingering. I have every window open. A fan going, and a crockpot full of essential oils and baking soda on. Can anyone think of anything else I can do? This is all some grade A bullshit. Fuck everything.



Submitted November 30, 2017 at 09:52PM by Throwmeawayrose http://ift.tt/2i3HF4t breakingmom

No comments:

Post a Comment