Friday, November 24, 2017

My Step-Monster and the ultimate 7th (and only) birthday party. raisedbynarcissists

Hello all!

I hope all of you are breathing some fresh air and finding your joy today. I've been reading a myriad of posts, from some seriously tough cookies, so their strength has helped me find some of my own. I've never posted here before, so please have patience, as I'm not entirely sure as to how formatting should be done. Welp...here it goes.

The year was 1981. My parents divorced 2 years prior (it was ugly) and were living thousands of miles apart. My father, a disgusting monster parading around as a human, had quickly remarried by this point. Now, his wife is what I referr to as a "light switch" person. One moment she appears normal, but in an instant, BLAM...presto chango...step-monster emerges. I was her favourite target of course. Being the only girl child in the house, it was an easy choice for her.

The day in question was my birthday party. It was a pool/swimming party that all of the neighbourhood kids were invited to. I was ecstatic as I'd never had a party before. So, everyone is there and I'm playing little hostess. Checking that all have drinks and towels etc. Having a lovely time actually.

Then I jump in to swim and notice a friend of mine seems upset. I swim to her and ask what's wrong as I'm genuinely concerned for her. Her replies to my many pleadings of concern was to hop out of the pool and dash into the house. Well alarm bells went off in my head, because I was warned about my guests not getting the tile floors wet. It was my responsibility to ensure this didn't happen.

So off I go out of the pool, grabbing a towel, half running through the sliding doors after her. Of course I'm drying myself with one towel and the floor with another. I raced down the long hallway and into the kitchen, which was around the corner. I completely passed through the side of the front living room, failing to see my friend that was sat there. When I entered the kitchen, my step monster was there and was responding to my inquiries regarding have you seen my friend. She asked me what had happened, so I quickly explained what occurred. Not two seconds later, my friend comes up behind me and completely disagrees with my take on the scenario. She claimed I was lying. That I was being awful and rude. It took about a millisecond for my step monster to pass judgment that I was guilty. In that minuscule moment, she grabbed a squared 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch, 2 ft length of wood that she kept specifically for beating me with, off of the top of the refrigerator. Then she went to town on me. She beat me about the head, face, back, shoulders, legs... anywhere where she could get a full swing at. Now remember, this all occurred while my friend was stood there in disbelief watching. When the step monster finish her handiwork, I had blood running from my nose and mouth, my head hurt more than anything I had ever experienced before then and I couldn't see correctly. I was literally a crying, bloody heap on the floor crouched into the corner trying to hide myself from the blows. The step-monster chucked the stick at me as she was breathing hard and she said "Now maybe you'll think twice about being rude". Then she sauntered out.

All that followed didn't include an emergency room visit for me, but rather incredible pain and 3 weeks out of school. I was unrecognizable to even myself. When the school threatened truancy, I was permitted back, but was in no way healed enough for them to not understand what had happened. The result is another sorry chapter that I hope to purge from my soul at some point.

For those that made it to the end of the telling of this fiasco, thanks for reading. The parental figures taught me what NOT to be, to my own children. I am a strong advocate of children...ALL children. Not just my own. In my 43 years on the Earth, I have never turned a blind eye, nor will I ever.

Lastly, FUCK YOU, step-monster. May you rot on your feet.



Submitted November 24, 2017 at 10:38PM by sunburnedbrit http://ift.tt/2zAdpJV raisedbynarcissists

No comments:

Post a Comment