Monday, November 27, 2017

Apartment shut power off to certain rooms over thanksgiving break, lost a lot of food in our refrigerator. personalfinance

I know I might be making a big deal over nothing and I don’t even know if this is the right subreddit for this.

Our apartment complex is an off-campus housing affiliate for our university. Last Wednesday we get a text saying our power will be off for a short while for emergency maintenance. Didn’t think much about it since they said it would be fixed shortly, keep in mind my roommate and I were not home due to Thanksgiving break. The power ended up being shut down til Sunday when we got back. All our food in the fridge and freeze had to be thrown away. Since we weren’t there we couldn’t put any of our food on ice or consume it before it went bad. We took some pictures of the food that we lost and it was around $40-$50 worth of food, I know it doesn’t seem like much but as a broke college student it is decent amount.

We weren’t notified that the power was going to be shut off before the incident and we weren’t notified that it was taking longer then expected. I know I’m probably making a big deal about this but am I allowed to ask for compensation? It’s just frustrating that the power was off for 5 days when it was supposed to be fixed “shortly” and not to mention we weren’t even there due to thanksgiving. Any ideas or am I overreacting? Thank you



Submitted November 27, 2017 at 09:22PM by TitaniumTacos http://ift.tt/2n6Ui4o personalfinance

No comments:

Post a Comment