Friday, November 24, 2017

My [M 29] GF [F 28] refuses to reuse milk from a bowl of cereal for a second bowl of cereal. trees

She just finished a bowl of cereal, and had about a half cup of milk (actually called “almond beverage”) remaining. She, then, casually mentioned “I want another bowl of cereal, but I can’t reuse this milk.” I thought she was joking, so I played along for a little while, but she turned out to be very serious. She told me she has always felt this way, and that it has something to do with the temperature of the milk. I suggested putting the bowl of milk in the refrigerator for a few minutes, but she told me that it would get stale. I tried to explain that the milk was in the refrigerator in the first place, and if it didn’t go bad in the past two weeks, then it was unlikely to go bad in the next 10 minutes.

I assumed that she was going to ask me to drink the milk so it wouldn’t go to waste, which I would have been happy to do, but then she spilled it down the sink. She also rinsed it out to remove the residue of the now 20-minutes-out-of-the-fridge milk. She dried the bowl, too, but she told me that sometimes she doesn’t dry it. That is to say that she would rather eat a bowl of cereal with a little bit of water in it than one with a little residue of remaining milk from a prior bowl of cereal.

She says that she is the normal one, and I am weird for reusing milk in my cereal.

Edit: She just read this post, and explained to me that she doesn’t actually think this is normal. She was being facetious when she called me weird, and I didn’t pick up on that.



Submitted November 25, 2017 at 10:05AM by whereami987 http://ift.tt/2jV8kVl trees

No comments:

Post a Comment