Sunday, November 26, 2017

First time home owner: Running Waterline to refrigerator/ice maker. Main cold line running under sink is CVPC HomeImprovement

Hi all. I bought a saddle valve kit yesterday, ran the supplied line to under my sink at the cold water main and noticed that the main line is CVPC. From what I have been reading, it seems like saddle valves are not the way to go, due to the fact that piercing the CPVC can result in a cracked pipe. What should I do in lieu of the saddle valve? I have very little plumbing knowledge but have been doing research since running into this issue. Is it advisable to turn off the water supply, drill a 5/32" hole into the cold main, then place the valve?



Submitted November 27, 2017 at 07:14AM by LookatTheAdjective http://ift.tt/2hSP3Q7 HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment