Thursday, November 23, 2017

Setting up a display cooler for highlanders SavageGarden

I've decided to set up a display cooler/refrigerator for growing my highland Nepenthes, Helis, and other plants. I've found a number of guides for chest freezers, but, with a chest freezer you don't get to look at your plants! So the plan is to convert an old display cooler (like the things they sell sodas in by the check stands in supermarkets, basically refrigerators with a glass door) so I can enjoy my plants.

A lot of the equipment, timers, etc will work the same as with a chest freezer. But I'm a bit concerned about wiring and mounting lights, a fan etc. Does anyone here have any experience doing this? Alternatively, does anyone have some ideas on how to do it?

I'm not above bubba'ing the setup, but I'd like to make it as nice as possible. May even add some wood paneling to the exterior, but the interior is what's important. I plan on publishing a guide for us with step by step pictures once it's done, but, any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!



Submitted November 24, 2017 at 03:16AM by BlazeBroker http://ift.tt/2zxGwgZ SavageGarden

No comments:

Post a Comment