Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Important concern regarding MRI safety AskDocs

Hello! Thank you for reading. Would like some help about a concern I've been having.

So, a few months ago, I was sharpening a steak knife and accidentally cut myself across the left index finger tip shortly after sharpening. There was a clear grey residue across the cut, which I immediately thoroughly washed in a sink. The cut did draw blood, but was not deep, and had completely healed in about a day with no need for a bandage.

The knife in question does seem to be ferrous, and responds to refrigerator magnets.

My question is, does this mean I can no longer receive an MRI if needed? Should I bring this up to doctors/make an official note of it on medical records? Can the iron have moved from my finger to more sensitive areas, such as the brain or eyes?

If I went into an MRI with this being the case, is there a significant chance I would die? Are there other health-related consequences to this that I should watch out for? Where could I find more information on this subject?

Thank you so much for your help.



Submitted April 14, 2016 at 10:41AM by Lython73 http://ift.tt/1Mvmh4h AskDocs

No comments:

Post a Comment